This unit focuses on grade one, two, and three science content standards in the areas of scientific inquiry and physical science. As part of the science curriculum, students begin to apply science to real world problems involving critical thinking and hands-on experiences (Science Higher Standards,2000)
Additionally, this unit will be implemented with English Language Learners (ELLs) and takes into consideration the importance that having language objectives has in aiding these students to acquire the content language needed to compete with those who are monolingual English speakers.
- Draw an inference from observations
- Use repeated observations of events to predict an occurrence.
- Identify what is done and observed during an investigation.
- Demonstrate the use of variables by identifying conditions that cause a change.
- Use observations and prior knowledge to predict an outcome.
- Explore how things move
- Integrate math into the study of matter.
- Explore forms of energy
- Study simple machines