OBJECTIVE: food sampling of other cultures.
MATERIALS: potato, oil for frying, salt, frying pan.
DRACHMA FRIED POTATOES
Most meals ordered in Greece come with these potatoes, cut into round shapes like the Greek silver coin, the Drachma.
1) Have students peel the potates and slice into 2 inch rounds.
2) Dry with towel.
3) Heat oil in a large frying pan until hot.
4) Gently students will place potatoes in oil and fry 10 minutes or until ready.
5) Students will use slotted spoon to turn potatoes over and remove from oil.
6) Students then drain on paper towels.
7) Students will be working in groups of three.
8) After dish is done, students will taste the results.