As students move from elementary to middle school, they too often lose
in their studies. Research shows that a positive school environment can help smooth the bumpy
It has been argued that middle schools are a lot more
that elementary schools. What are your feelings
1. Define and discuss the underlined words.
2. Divide the students into groups of 4 or 5 to generate a list of concerns that students would have as they prepare to enter middle school.
3. Compile the list from the groups and come to a consensus as to their priority.
4. Choose a concern to discuss during weekly class meetings.
1. Invite students from middle schools to share their positive experiences with the students.
2. Build a relationship with a class or students at the middle school level and become pen pals. (Pen pals could be local or a neighboring town.)
3. Build a relationship with a middle school to set up visitation privileges at least twice a year.
NOTE: Read passages from,
“The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People”
for the purpose of making students aware of the actions they need to take in order to become successful in their endeavors.