1. Booth, Nicholas, Exploring the Solar System, Cambridge University Press, 1996.
2. DiGregorio, Barry, E.; Levin, Gilbert, V.; Stroat, Patricia Ann, Mars: The Living Planet.
3. Drantz, Les, What the Odds Are, Harper Collins Publishers, NY, 1992.
4. Ferris, Timothy, Coming of Age in the Milky Way, Anchor, 1989. Shows how the model of the universe has been altered at various times in history.
5. Hamblin, Kenneth, Exploring the Planets, 1992.
6. Lauber, Patricia, Journey to the Planets, (fourth edition), Crown Publishers, Inc., 1993. An excellent resource with pictorial representations of the solar system. Most of the pictures were taken from space crafts.
7. Morrison, Philip and Phyllis; the Office of Charles and Ray Eames, Powers of Ten. This book explains and shows the relative size of planets and objects in the universe.