Lesson Plan #1
Subject: Reading and Listening
Activity: Reading and discussion of the story, “Tommy’s Trip to Mexico/Tommy’s Travels.”
Time: 30 minutes
Materials: A copy of the book
Kids Around the World, which contains the story, “Tommy’s Trip to Mexico/Tommy’s Travels.”
Objective: The students will listen to and discuss the story, “Tommy’s Travels.”
1. The teacher will discuss with students the reason why Tommy is going to Mexico.
2. The students will be asked to listen for important facts about Tommy’s trip to Mexico.
3. The teacher will show students a map of Mexico on the bulletin board.
4. Artifacts from Mexico will be displayed in the classroom and on the bulletin board.
5. The story will then be read by the teacher.
1. The teacher and the students will discuss what Tommy saw and learned in Mexico.
2. The students will write four facts that they learned about Tommy’s experience in Mexico.