Subject: Reading Comprehension
Activity: Reading and discussion of the main food of Mexico, corn.
Time: 30 minutes
Materials: A copy of the book,
Kids Around the World, which contains the story, “Corn.”
Objective: Students will learn about the main food of Mexico, corn, and the many ways it is used for food.
1. Students will tell the teacher things they know that are made from corn.
2. The teacher will make a list of the students’ predictions on chart paper.
3. The teacher will read to the students the story, “Corn.”
1. The students will rewrite true facts to make them false.
2. The true facts will be posted by the chart of the students’ predictions.
3. They will compare the two lists to see if any of the predictions match.
4. The students will draw a picture of a taco and include all the things they would like to have on their taco.