Name of web site _________________________________________
Web address _______________________
Credibility - Can I trust this source?
1.Who is the creator of this source? _______________________________
2.What is his/her background? education? training and/or experience? __________
3. If the author is an organization, what kind is it - corporate, governmental, non-profit?
4.How does the source know the information? ______________________________
Accuracy - Is this source correct?
1. Is the information factual, detailed, exact, comprehensive? Explain ____________
2. What is the date of creation ? _________
3. Is it up-to-date or is currency relevant? ___________________________________
4. Are important facts and other information deliberately left out? ________________
5. Who is the audience for the source? _____________________________________
6. What is the purpose - to inform or to persuade? ___________________________
7. Is information presented carefully and thoughtfully? ________________________
8. Is there a very one-sided view that does not acknowledge opposing views or respond to them?
Reasonableness - Do I get a feeling a basic fairness?
1. Is this source fair? ________
2. Objective? __________
3. Moderate? _________
4. Is there a conflict of interest? _______________________
5. Is the information really likely, plausible or possible? _________
6. Does the information make sense? __________________
7. Are there inconsistencies or contradictions? _________________
Support - does the information hold up?
1. Where did the information come from? __________________________________
2. Are sources listed? ____________
3. Is there a bibliography or other documentation? ________________
4. How does the author know what she/he knows? __________________________
5. Do other sources agree? Don't take anything at face value - cross-check each piece of information and compare with others. ___________________________________
+.and also think about...
1. Is grammar, punctuation, and usage correct? ____________________
2. Are there misspellings? (Misspellings may indicate sloppy scholarship or that English may not be native language)