Now that you have completed the viewing of several Nineteenth Century Artists’ depictions of Native Americans, you will become the artists. Working with the art material available to you, come up with your own Nineteenth Century depiction of Native Americans. Create a representation of the Native American in this pivotal century. You may choose to do a portrait, a landscape, an abstract piece, write a play, whatever you decide. Just make sure that you explain your feelings and your reasons for creating the way you do on the reflection paragraph that should be either attached to the back of your artwork or handed in separately. Also compare your work with one of the artists we studied. Use the following criteria for the project. Each category is worth ten points.
1. Student completes a representation of 19th Century Native Americans______
2. Student includes a reflective paragraph on the back of the artwork______
3. Student’s work is neat and creative ______
4. Student relates work to another artist’s work______
5. Student shares work with class______