EQUIPMENT: Overhead projector
transparencies ( obtained from the Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute)
Have the students examine the tools and weapons. (The description of each is found within this unit.)
Each student, working on his own, should answer the following questions;
1. What type of materials are used?
2. Why that type of material?
3. What was each tool or weapon used for?
4. How might it have been used?
5. What can be said about the culture of the people who used the tool or weapon?
Have the students compare their findings and come up with some general conclusions.
At the end of the discussion when an opinion has been reached by the entire class the teacher should go over the transparencies with the class comparing the class answers and the archaeological data presented in the unit.