1) Cobb, Vicki Blood & Gore, New Your; Scholastic Inc., 1997
The book describes the human anatomy with terrific illustrations.
2) Curry, Don l, PH.D Clidas, Jeanne (contributor), Waddell, Jayne (contributor)
How Does Your Heart Work? (Rookie Read About Health) Explains and illustrates the functions of the heart. Children's Press (CT): Feb 2004
3) Curry, Don L. How Do Your Lungs Work? Explains and illustrates the functions
of the lungs.
Children's Press (CT): March 2004
4) Gordon, Sharon. Asthma (Rookie Read About Health) Explains what asthma is,
what causes asthma attacks, and some treatments?
Children's Press. A Division of Scholastic Inc. 2003
5) Gosselin, Kim. The ABC's of Asthma:
An Asthma Alphabet Book for Kids of All Ages.
Jayjo Books 1st Edition Sept. 1998
Explains asthma and how to live with asthma successfully.
6) Gosselin, Kim. Zooallergy: A Fun Story About Allergy and Asthma Triggers.
This color illustrated book is for elementary age children. It helps them learn about allergy testing and asthma allergy triggers. Reading level is for ages 4-8.
Jayjo Books; 1st Edition August 1996
7) Kroll, Virginia L. Brianna Breathes Easy: A Story About Asthma.
This story is about an African-American girl who discovers she has asthma.
Written for Gr. 1-4 Albert Whitman & Company March 2005
8) London, Jonathan. The Lion Who Had Asthma. This story is about a boy and
how he deals on a day to day basis with asthma.
Albert Whitman & Company Sept. 1997.
9) Ostrow, William. All About Asthma. A boy uses his illustrations to explain what it is like living with asthma. Gr. 4-6
Albert Whitman & Company Sept. 1992.
10) Weiss, Jonathan H. Breathe the Easy People's Guide to Asthma. This is practical guide filled with information, tips, check lists, resources, diagrams, and illustrations to help young people learn to control their asthma, gain confidence, and live their lives.
11) Magination Press 2nd Edition Feb. 2003.