1) Asthma and Genetics
The information given on this site discusses how asthma and genetics correlate along with the results of experiments conducted by researchers.
2) Greene, Alan Dr. A New Type of Drug
IgE Inhibitor 2002 The article gives information about new medications that treat asthma.
3) National Center for Health Statistics
This article focuses on the prevalence of asthma, health care usage, and mortality for 2002
4) Rosenwasser J Genetics of Asthma and Atrophy
This is an abstract on the topic of asthma and genetics
5) Ph.D. Hanes Justin Prof. Advanced Drug and Gene Delivery Group John Hopkins University
The article discusses inhalation drug delivery as well as gene delivery.
6) Cates CJ, Rowe BH Holding chambers versus nebulisers for betagonist treatment of acute asthma. Delivery Systems for asthma Cochrane Library, Issue 1, 2001 Oxford
7) Your Lungs
This article explains the lungs as they relate to asthma.
8) Asthma Medications for Kids
The article describes the five types of asthma medications.
9) Medical Conditions
This article describes what asthma is, why and how it occurs, and treatments for asthma.
10) "Foodborne Infections" Center for Disease Control Mar. 2002
11) Weston, Trevor, MD. Atlas of Anatomy, London; Carendish Books, 1993.
Gives detailed explanations of each organ's function. Beautiful illustrations are also depicted.
Gives information about asthma & statistics
www.en.wikipedia,org/wiki/History of asthma
Discusses physicians contributions to the discovery of asthma
14) Children's Hospital Boston
Asthma Peak Flow Meters/Oximeters/Spirometers
Printer friendly pages 1422po.html
15) Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
Peak Flow Meters
Describes how the meter works for asthma patients
16) National Center for Health Statistics
Asthma Prevalence, Health Care Use and Mortality, 2002
17) Your Child & Asthma: Asthma Treatment Guide
Guide for parents giving explanation for treatments of asthma.
18) American Lung Association
Asthma Medications for Kids
Gives information on medications for asthma and how they affect children.
19) Genome Biology
Microarray profile differentially expressed genes in a monkey model of allergic asthma.
20) Asthma Basics
21) AHRQ Focus on Research: Children with Chronic Illness and Disabilities.
AHRQ Publication No.02M0235, March 2002
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville MC.
22) Saltzman, Mark W. and Tran, Veronique V.
Biomedical Engineering: Bridging Medicine and Technology
In Press 2006