The curriculum unit addresses the following Language Arts Standards from Grades 9 --12 for the City of New Haven
Content Standard 1.0: Reading:
- Students will interpret the text - construct interpretation and/or explanation of the text and connect text to outside knowledge.
- Students will move beyond the text - reflect, make judgments about its quality and meaning.
- Students will construct meaning through analyzing, elaborating, and responding critically.
Content Standard 2.0: Writing
- Students will write daily for different and varied purposes.
- Students will compose essays, stories, and other pieces about a variety of cultures.
Content Standard 4.0: Listening
- Students will continue to construct meaning through initial understanding and interpretation.
- Students will construct meaning through analyzing, elaborating and responding critically.
New Haven Public Schools Curriculum Documents