Connecticut's Common Core of Learning Program Goals
Having completed this unit, students will have achieved the following Connecticut's Common Core of Learning Program Goals for Language Arts:
· Create works using the language arts in visual, oral and written texts;
· Read, write, speak, listen and view to construct meaning of written, visual and oral texts;
· Choose and apply strategies that enhance the fluent and proficient use of the language arts; (brainstorming, use of graphic organizers)
· Read with understanding and respond thoughtfully to a variety of texts.
When done with this unit, students will have achieved the following Connecticut's Common Core of Learning Program Goals for the arts:
· Create (imagine, experiment, plan, make, evaluate, refine and present/exhibit) art works that express concepts, ideas and feelings in each art form;
· Respond (select, experience, describe, analyze, interpret and evaluate) with understanding to diverse art works and performances in each art form;
· Understand the connections among the arts, other disciplines and daily life.