Shapes of flower pots.
1. To identify the different shapes of flower planter. (Square, octagonal, rectangular prisms, circular.)
2. To recognize the names of the faces.
3. To recognize the corners, line segments, angles.)
4. Identify and draw parallel lines, skew lines, perpendicular lines, diagonals and horizontal lines.
Have available, different kinds of flower planters. (Children and parents could contribute pots for the class project.) Tape measure.
Cooperative group activities. Groups of 4-6; whole class activity.
1. Present the pots to students.
2. Have them discuss the shapes in their group.
3. Have students identify the type of shape pots they have in their group: Then list the number of faces, edges, vertices seen.
Complete a chart with the names of each solid and their number of angles, faces, and vertices.