Title: Adinkra Printing
Objectives: To make Adinkra stamps in the tradition of the Asante people of western Africa.
To apply Adinkra patterns to fabric.
knives (plastic for safety)
stamp pad ink (permanent) or fabric paint
1. Tape newspapers to the work surface.
2. Cut the potatoes in half width-wise.
3. Carve designs and patterns about 1/4” into the cut, flat surface.
4. Dry the stamp with a paper towel.
5. Press the stamp on a well-inked stamp pad.
6. Transfer the patterns in repeated rows of the same designs to the fabric.
7. Allow printed fabric to dry completely.