Ropa vieja (Cuba)
- Casserole, containing ground beef, chicken, sausage, peppers, onions, and garlic in saffron rice.
Chile con carne (Mexico)
- Sirloin, tomatoes, onion, green peppers and kidney beans, seasoned with chili powder.
- Thick hot chocolate that is often eaten with a spoon, or used for drinking churros (long doughnuts).
- folded tortillas (corn flour pancakes) often filled with chili-flavored meant, refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, etc…
Chilies rellenos (Mexico)
Peppers, refried and stuffed with ground beef, cheese, beans or tuna.
turnover - may be baked or fried and filled with meat, vegetables, fruit or sweets.
Cuchifritos (Puerto Rico)
fritters stuffed with meat.
Pernil (Puerto Rico)
roast pork shoulder.
Arroz con habichuelas (Puerto Rico)
- white or yellow rice with beans on the side.