Allison, Linda. Blood and Guts: A Working Guide to Your Own Insides. Little, Brown
and Company, New York, 1976.
- A great book for students that describes the functions of the human heart.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Physical Activity and Health for Young People, 2006, US Department of Health and Human Services, 9 Mar. 2007,
- A site for teachers and students containing facts from the CDC about physical activity for today's young people
Cole, Joanna. The Magic School Bus: Inside the Human Body. Scholastic, New York
- A great book for student describing a school field trip through the human body.
Kids Health, 10 March, 2007, Kids and Exercise,
- A site for students and teachers explaining the benefits of exercise.
Powell, Jillian. Fats for a Healthy Body. Heinemann Library, Chicago, 2003.
School Meals Need Upgrading. New Haven Register, April 2007.
- A great newspaper article for students and teachers to read about the dilemma in creating healthy school lunches.
Promoting Physical Activity and Exercise in the Classroom
Digest, 10 March, 2007. www.kidsource.com/kidsource/content4/promote.phyed.html.
- A study describing the importance of physical activity in everyday life
The Human Heart
- A great site for students to view color images of the heart.
Walker, Richard. Heart: How the Blood Gets Around. Grolier Educational, Connecticut, 1998.
- A book for students on the heart and how it functions using microphotography to view realistic illustrations.