1. To recognize our likenesses and differences.
2. To identify qualities that make us special and unique individuals.
3. To write "Personality Poems".
4. To draw self-portraits.
-Guide for writing "Personality Poems" on chart.
1. Explain to students that we're going to write "Personality Poems".
2. Tell students to write their first names on Line 1.
3. On Line 2, have students write two words to describe themselves.
4. Have students write three words that name things they like to do on Line 3.
5. On Line 4, have students write two more words to describe themselves.
6. Tell students write their last names on Line 5.
7. Have students draw self-portraits to go along with their poems.
8. Mount on colored construction paper and display.