Latin American Music and Dances
1. Students will become familiar with various types of Latin American music and dances.
2. Students will identify the country of origin of each music and dance.
3. Students will compare and contrast each style of music and dance by writing an essay.
Suggested Time Allowance:
Two 40 minute class periods plus four nights of homework
Materials To Be Used:
1. Basic information sheet
2. Various CDs and/or audio tapes
3. Film clips and/or videos
4. Various reference books
1. The teacher will distribute the basic information sheet.
2. The students and teacher will participate in a brief discussion of the music and dances to be identified.
3. The teacher will play audio tapes/CDs and film clips/videos on Latin American Music and Dance.
4. The students will take notes, during the discussion, viewing, and listening, which will be handed in with their essays.
5. The students will use the basic information sheet, their notes, as well as any reference materials to write an essay of at least nine paragraphs comparing and contrasting the different types of music and dance.
6. The student will take an audio quiz identifying the music and its country of origin.
Students will be evaluated on their:
a) class notes
d) active class participation