1. Geography skills- the students will learn about coastal plains, mountains, valleys, and rivers. They will locate these and the capital city of Beirut on the map of Lebanon. They will also locate the town of Baalbeck.
2. The students will see the relationships between geographical location Lebanon and the influence the influences that have led to occupation, wars, civilization, and even cuisine.
2. Map of the Middle East
3 Map of Lebanon
C. Key Vocabulary:
7. Middle East
8. Mediterranean Sea
9. Lebanon Mountains, Anti-Lebanon Mountains
13.. Beirut - Beirut is the capital and most populated city in Lebanon.
1. Give each student a copy of the map of the Eastern Hemisphere
Locate Lebanon in relation to Europe, Asia, and Africa.
2. Locate the Middle East.
3. Locate the Mediterranean Sea.
4. Locate Beirut and Baalbeck.
5. Give each student a copy of the map of Lebanon
7. Locate important topographical areas.
8. Label and color the maps
1. The students’ correct coloring of the maps.
2. The students’ abilities to listen and follow directions in correctly locating mountains, valley, rivers, and the capital city.