Students will be able to:
- sketch a graph of the volume-temperature relationship for a gas.
- calculate the volume or temperature of a gas after a change in conditions.
Materials & Teacher-developed Resources
-Paper, pencils, textbooks, software
-Balloons, hot plate, ice
- The teacher will ask the students to predict what would happen to the size of an inflated balloon if the balloon is placed in the ice?
- What would happen if a balloon of the same size is placed over a hot plate?
- Ask the students to describe the relationship between the volume and temperature of a gas and write the mathematical equation